Tough tablet for outdoors work
Rugged Panasonic tablet billed as the lightest work model.
Panasonic has launched a new rugged 10.1-inch tablet, the Toughpad FZ-A2, billed as the world's lightest fully-rugged tablet. It weighs approximately 880g and measures 16.4mm deep. It is designed for use in outdoor work environments which may be subject to hazards such as extreme temperatures, drops and shocks, vibration, dust and rain.
According to Panasonic, consumer-grade tablets used in the workplace have a failure rate 400% higher than rugged enterprise models, causing considerable extra costs for businesses in terms of downtime, repairs and replacements. The FZ-A2 is designed to reduce field failure rates and the total cost of ownership.
Although not completely waterproof, the Toughpad FZ-A2 features a robust military-grade magnesium alloy design which can withstand 1.2-metre drops and is sealed against dust and water spills with an IP65 ingress protection rating. It will operate in temperatures ranging from -10 to +50°C.
The FZ-A2 features a 1,920 x 1,200 pixel sunlight-viewable screen that can be used in the rain or while wearing gloves. It runs the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with Enterprise Security from Android for Work, and is equipped with an Intel Atom x5-Z8550 Quad Core processor (2 MB cache, 1.44GHz up to 2.4GHz) with 4GB RAM and a 32GB eMMC.
Other features include full HD front web and 8MP rear camera with flash, built-in GPS, nine-hour battery working life, USB 3.0 Type A, USB 3.1 Type C OTG, HDMI and Micro SD connectivity.
The Toughpad FZ-A2 starts from RRP $2,199 and available now from authorised Panasonic Toughbook distributors and resellers.
More information at www.panasonic.com.au/toughbook.
- Intel Atom x5-Z8550 processor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Including Android for Work)
- Fanless design for enhanced protection from temperature, water and dirt
- Intel HD graphics
- 10.1 WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200) outdoor display (up to 800 cd/m2)
- Capacitive 10-finger multi-touchscreen
- 120cm shock-resistant
- Water and dust resistant (IP65)
- Up to 9 hours battery life
- User field-exchangeable battery
- USB 3.1 type C OTG
- Optional configuration port (20 Barcode Reader, LAN)
- Optional business expansion module (Smartcard Reader)
- Lightweight at approx. 880g