BLA Trade Talk: SeaStar Solutions XTREME mechanical steering
Smooth, effortless boat handling thanks to XTREME mechanical steering.
SeaStar Solution’s XTREME steering system brings a whole new level of smooth, effortless handling and precision control to enhance the driving experience and operational control of a wide range of outboard powered boats.
The XTREME steering system’s main benefits and features include:
- Smoothest and lowest steering-effort mechanical helm offered in the market place, yet still offers easy installation
- Complete steering system including new helm, high efficiency XTREME steering cable design and updated bezel
- Quick connect feature on both steering cable and spent travel tube for easy quick installation
- Installs in same mounting pattern and bracket location as current SeaStar Solutions steering systems
- Smallest footprint possible to accommodate small/tight dash helm stations
- Made, designed and assembled in the USA
- 30% reduction in steering wheel effort compared to the 4.2 Helm
- Easy system installation, single steering cable to route with standard 8 inch bend radius for the cable. No bleeding of hydraulic system or electrical wiring required.
- This highly efficient helm also has an improved NFB clutch “feel” to allow smoother clutch release
- Lower backlash and is more efficient than a standard steering cable
- Outer helm casting is a zinc alloy with new design for the clutch mechanism. All castings are designed to reduce weight while offering superior strength.
Watch BLA's Scott Miller explain the various components of SeaStar Solution’s XTREME steering system.