BLA Trade Talk: Scanstrut Deck Seals
For a guaranteed and proven watertight installation of your boat's cables.
The Scanstrut range of deck seals provides a proven system for waterproof cable routing on your boat. It is produced in high impact plastic and 316 grade stainless steel with options for 16mm to 40mm connectors, making it ideal for almost every installation.
- Watertight installation: A tapered bung forms a watertight seal. All units are supplied with a closed-cell base seal - 100% waterproof. All models have been IPX6 and IPX7 tested and approved.
- Easy and reliable installation: Captive nuts make for easy assembly and also allow reliable repeat installations. Each unit supplied with both pre-drilled and blank inner seals to make your installation as easy as possible.
- No need to remove cable connectors: Split-seal option does not require connector removal during install.
- Multi-functional dome shape: Aesthetic dome-shaped profile provides a stronger, impact-resistant design (no sharp edges to hit your foot on!) and the outer dome provides additional water shield.
- Choice of materials: 30% Glass-filled nylon – UV-stable and hard-wearing - or 316 stainless version available.
- Multi-deck seal: Designed to fit multiple cables up to 15mm diameter. Supplied with undrilled seal and made from marine grade aluminium with hard finish to resist impact marks.
- New horizontal deck seal: Fit cables up to 6mm diameter. An aesthetic dome-shaped profile provides a stronger, impact resistant design and captive nuts in the base make for an easy assembly.
- New micro-deck seal: Fit cables up to 6mm diameter. Made from impact resistant glass-filled nylon, the compact seal compression system uses a single fastener for a simple installation.
Shaun Clancy, product manager, demonstrates how to use the Scanstrut Deck Seals to waterproof your boat's cabling.
Contact your BLA Territory Manager for more information.