BLA Trade Talk: Lewmar bow thrusters
BLA introduces the Lewmar range of bow thrusters for optimum on-water manoeuvring.
The Lewmar range of electric and hydraulic bow thrusters and accessories have been developed to provide optimum control and performance when manoeuvring in difficult and restricted situations.
The revolutionary TT propeller design supplies perfectly even thrust in both directions which effortlessly provides maximum manoeuvrability and control. Compact design allows ease of installation for boat builders while providing boat owners with years of maintenance-free operation. All Lewmar Thrusters have been extensively tested, resulting in a smooth, efficient and quiet performance that will have you docking like a pro in no time.
A wide range of power outputs are available in both 12 and 24 volt models to suit boats to 21 metres. Lewmar also has available, hydraulic options for larger vessels, 20 metres and above.
Also available are ignition-protected thrusters, ideal for boats where the unit may be exposed to fuel vapour or wet stern installations. In addition, the Lewmar custom thruster range provides solutions for additional control over a wide range of power or sailing vessels up to 150 feet. Such designs include hydraulic vertical retracting tunnel thrusters and swing thrusters.
Lewmar Thruster Features:
- Specially designed gearbox provides efficient operation with minimal interference in either propulsion direction
- No reservoir to install, no leaks and no maintenance
- High integrity seal
- Spine driven propeller, no drive pin to shaft
- Hardened and ground spiral bevel gears for maximum efficiency and quiet power transmission
- Easily replaced zinc anode provides additional protection
- Hydrodynamic narrow profile gear leg minimises turbulence
- Efficient TT five blade propeller design guarantees maximum thrust and performance
- Constructed from highly resilient composite materials for durability
- Motors are manufactured and tested to provide constant output and maximum performance for all applications and conditions
- Black box electronics helps prevent misuse and protects motor
- Self-resetting thermal protection on all motors
- Wide range of control panels including joystick and touch pad
- Easy installation
- Timed automatic cut off
For more information, contact BLA on 1300 252 725.
Steve Morris introduces the Lewmar Thruster range.