TR Marine World wins Mercury award again
Sydney dealer named as top Mercury dealer for second year in a row.
Mercury Marine has named Sydney-based TR Marine as its top dealer for 2018, the second year in a row that the dealership has won the award. It also won in 2015.
“The fact that Ian Tricker and his team have gone back to back says it all really,” said Will Sangster, general manager of Mercury (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific). “Winning once is hard because it involves so many facets of the business. Winning it twice in a row is quite special. I sincerely congratulate everyone involved.”
According to Mercury, the dealership awards are based on a range of objective criteria, including year-on-year growth, how dealers support Mercury products and programs, their promotions and customer events, customer service, and the general presentation of the dealership.
For the first time, the 2018 awards included recognition for the Regional Dealer of the Year through a specific award. The inaugural winner was Sugar City Marine in Mackay, Queensland.
The New Zealand Dealer of 2018 was Gulfland Marine on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula.
The full list of 2018 winners are:
- NSW Dealer of the Year: TR Marine
- WA Dealer of the Year: Aquasports Marine
- VIC/TAS Dealer of the Year: JV Marine
- SA Dealer of the Year: Christies Beach Marine
- QLD/NT Dealer of the Year: Brisbane Marine
- Regional Dealer of the Year: Sugar City Marine
- MerCruiser Dealer of the Year: Shannon OB Service
- MerCruiser Sterndrive OEM of the Year: Rayglass
- MerCruiser Towsport OEM of the Year: Sterling Marine
- Parts and accessories Dealer of the Year: Aquasports Marine
- MotorGuide Dealer of the Year: Motor Marine
- South Pacific Mercury Distributor of the Year: Sin Tung Hing Marine
- South Pacific Mariner Distributor of the Year: ETS Emile Vongue & FILS SA
- Mercury Finance National Dealer of the Year: TR Marine