Navico dealers get hands-on with latest electronics
Navico dealers, builders and retailers learn on-water at annual conference.
Local dealers, builders and retailers of Navico marine electronics recently gathered on the Gold Coast for three days of on-water trials, presentations and training about the Lowrance, Simrad and B&G brands.
This year a total of 177 delegates attended the annual conference which brings together delegates from dealerships, boat builders, tackle and chandlery specialty stores along with technical installers from around the region and Navico product managers, technical experts, marketing and sales executives from all over the world.
Session workshops included topics such as product range reviews for all brands, technical training for sonar, radar, autopilots and JL Audio, a C-MAP overview, best practices for in-store and retail environments, as well as service and after sales support updates.
In addition to the classroom-style sessions, 14 vessels ranging from 12ft trailer boats to 40ft game boats were scheduled for on-water demonstrations to give delegates hands-on experience with the product installed.
“It’s important for our customers to be up-to-date with the latest technology offerings from Navico and also meet the people who are behind the brands and who are at hand to support them,” said Chris Radford, sales director for Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. “Our annual conference is the ultimate forum for delegates to learn about new products, improve sales techniques and in-store practices and get hands-on with product in a real environment.”
A gala dinner during the conference, which featured former rugby league legend Gorden Tallis as guest speaker, also saw several awards made to dealers and builders for their sales achievements during 2017.
The award winners included:
- Australian local cluster dealer of the year: CH Smith Marine
- NZ local cluster dealer of the Year: Smart Marine
- Australian custom cluster dealer of the year: Olectric
- NZ custom cluster dealer of the year: ATL
- Australian volume boat builder of the year: Telwater
- NZ volume boat builder of the year: Rayglass Boats
- ANZ Simrad Pro Dealer of the Year: Ultimate Marine Power
- ANZ large retailer of the year: BCF
- Highest percentage growth – Australia: Whitsunday Outboard Centre
- Highest percentage growth – New Zealand: Motor Yacht Service Centre