Marina industry awards finalists announced
Club Marine Marina Awards finalists include first-time entrants.
This year's finalists for the Marina Industries Association (MIA) Club Marine Marina Awards have been announced. The awards are for the 2017/18 period and are based upon performance over the previous financial year period.
MIA president, Andrew Chapman CMM, said the awards have been very well supported by industry both in Australia and internationally.
“Congratulations to all the finalists as well as to all entrants in these awards that have attracted such strong support. The awards celebrate industry best practice and provide a benchmark for other businesses to aspire to.”
Simon McLean, Club Marine’s CEO, said the growth in awards’ participation was excellent once again.
“As an industry insurer we see the awards as an effective vehicle to encourage and promote good business practices and procedures as well as supporting the goals of the MIA.”
- Commercial marina - under 140 boats: The Reef Marina Port Douglas, QLD; Rivergate Marina and Shipyard, QLD
- Commercial marina - 140 boats and over: Abell Point Marina, QLD; D’Albora Marinas The Spit, NSW
- Club of the Year: Royal Perth Yacht Club, WA; Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, NSW
- International marina: Port Denarau Marina, Fiji
- Best public boat harbour: Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour, WA
- Best marina restaurant: D’Albora Marinas The Spit – Ormeggio At The Spit, NSW
- Best environmental initiative by a marina: Gold Coast City Marina, QLD
- Best innovation by a marina: Abell Point Marina, QLD; Vuda Marina, QLD; D’Albora Marinas
- Best community support initiative by a marina: Port Denarau Marina, Fiji; Royal Motor Yacht Club Broken Bay, NSW; Vuda Marina, Fiji
- Best boat yard - up to 20 boats: Sydney Harbour Boat Storage, NSW
- Best boat yard – 20 plus boats: Rivergate Marina and Shipyard, QLD
- Best dry stack facility: D’Albora Marinas Pier 35, VIC; Sydney Boat House, NSW; Sydney Harbour Boat Storage, NSW
- People’s Choice Award – Best Marina Employee finalists: Ludovica Perna (Sydney Harbour Boat Storage); Daimon Martin (Batemans Bay Marina) and Steve Sammes (Gold Coast City Marina).
The award winners for each category as well as the winners of the ‘People’s Choice Best Marina Employee’ and the 'Outstanding Contribution by an Individual' awards will be announced at the Marine17 conference.