Guide to going green globally
ICOMIA releases guide to environmental legislation for marine industry.
The International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA) has published its latest Environment Guide (IEG) outlining the latest environmental legislation affecting the marine industry around the world.
Covering Europe, US, Asia and Australia, the IEG sets out what the legislation is, why it has been imposed, when it will take effect, who it may affect and how it may affect them. It has been compiled to assist businesses, associations and organisations operating in the global recreational marine industry.
The latest edition features updates on:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act
- The Product Stewardship Act
- Work Health and Safety Regulations
- Fuel Quality Standards Act
- Hazardous Chemicals Requiring Health Monitoring
- The Toxic Substances Control Act
- National Ocean Policy
- Boat Manufacturing: National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- International Convention on the Control of Harmful Antifouling Systems on Ships
- IMO Energy Efficiency Measures, and
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (including the Paris agreement).
The ICOMIA Environment Guide is available for €300 which includes the latest version issued now, followed by the next edition as soon as it’s published. Members of ICOMIA – and their members – have free access to the IEG as a part of their membership.
To subscribe to the ICOMIA Environment Guide visit the website and follow the links.