Formosa Marine celebrates 20 years
2018 will represent Formosa Marine’s 20th year of building aluminium boats in Australia.
Formosa is an Australian owned and operated manufacturer of trailerable aluminium plate boats and is based in Tingalpa, Brisbane.
According to the manufacturers, Formosa’s focus has always been to develop, innovate and provide custom designs to produce a high quality, affordable boat with safety and performance in mind.
Formosa’s range has increased considerably since its inception, with the company now offering a full line-up including open boats to cabin hardtops, with sizes from 4.55m Classic models to the latest 7.4m heavy duty Offshore with self-draining decks.
For keen inshore anglers Formosa also produces the Barra Pro range which is suited for any backwater location.
Formosa says all of its boats are built around the company's strong V2 Hull design. Other features include:
- 4mm bottom sheets (5mm on 6m-plus boats) and 4mm sides;
- Heavy duty, strong keel extrusion;
- 5083 high-tensile hull on the Offshore models;
- Wide longitudinal stringers welded to the hull;
- Underfloor lock-cell frame welded directly to the bottom sheets;
- Floor reinforcement in high traffic areas;
- Fully welded side decks and gunwales
- 4mm true self-draining deck on the Offshore models;
- Solid 12mm marine grade plywood flooring on the Classic models;
- Formosa self-deploy/retrieve Tow-catch welded to the keel;
- Four internal shelves.
To commemorate its 20th anniversary, Formosa Marine is re-launching its boat graphics for both the Tomahawk and Sea-Rod ranges in recognition of the fact that the ‘Formosa Marlin’ graphic is symbolic of the brand, readily recognisable on the water and much sought after.
The new graphics will feature the marlin graphic and a 20th anniversary sticker, and will be increased in size to accommodate the larger boat models now on offer. The Barra graphic is still available on request.
Also to mark the 20th anniversary, customers who order the Formosa Marine designed and built ‘Bait Board & Bait Tank’ with their Formosa boat will receive a free Railblaza StowPod with a removable QuickPort fastener.
More information available at: formosamarineboats.com.au