Position vacant: Compliance and Investigations Officer
Maritime Safety, Transport Safety Victoria (3 positions).
- $81,354 - $92,304 (Plus Superannuation)
- Usual hours of work: Full Time (flexibility may be available)
- Usual work location: Melbourne, CBD (flexibility may be available)
Transport Safety Victoria (TSV) is a safety regulator responsible for ensuring safe passenger transport and boating for all Victorians. The Maritime Safety branch help save lives, reduce serious injuries and strive to ensure Victoria’s waterways are the safest in Australia.
Compliance and Investigations Officers help TSV strive to ensure Victoria’s waterways are the safest. We are looking for three passionate, proactive and detail focused team members. You will be required to deliver a range of compliance, education and investigation activities including surveillance, land and vessel based inspections, investigations, compliance audits and legal proceedings related to the delivery of legislative requirements associated with Recreational Boating and Domestic Commercial Vessel safety.
To be successful, you will need to have good written communication skills to prepare reports and briefs; good interpersonal and negotiation and influencing skills to work well with different stakeholders; and problem solving skills to carry out investigations.
You are required to have:
- Coxswains’ Certificate (or equivalent) or the ability to quickly obtain.
- A relevant recreational vessel licence with PWC endorsement.
- An appropriate qualification in investigations.
- Knowledge of relevant state and national marine safety legislation.
- Experience in conducting investigations within the regulatory and criminal justice system.
- Experience in conducting audit and/or compliance activities.
For further information on this position, please contact Geoff Swanton, Manager, Waterway Safety & Compliance on (03) 9655 6114.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Records Check prior to commencing employment with Transport Safety Victoria.
For further information on the position, and position description, and to apply please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and refer to VG/032590N032599N032604
Applications close 5 April 2018.